Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply if I don't have a Bachelor's degree?
We are strict about applicants’ education level and require you to have at least a Bachelor’s degree. We require this because this is something that the parents of our students we teach care about and trust that we are maintaining.
What is the application process like?
Applicants pass through five stages before becoming SLOAN teachers:
- Basic info: Fill in your contact information and submit your resume, so we can screen for basic requirements and teaching experience.
- Interview: Join us for a session where you showcase your teaching skills to a SLOAN recruiter or Record your demo lesson at your own time so that a SLOAN recruiter can evaluate you.
- Introduction to Teaching: Watch videos to learn about the SLOAN technology, standards and curriculum.
- Mock class: Practice teaching a full-length class with one of our teachers.
- Sign your contract: provide docs & complete background check.
- Get ready to teach: Put your time slots on your portal so that we can place students to you.
How long is a contract for?
What is the payment?
As independent contractor, your payment or “service fee” is calculated on a per-hour class basis and is composed of a minimum pay begin from $20 CAD +incentives. Your minimum pay will be determined by your experience and demo class performance, while incentives are determined by your monthly class participation and completion.
When and how will teachers be paid?
Can teachers take breaks during the contract?
How much tax do I have to pay?
As independent contractor, you are responsible for your own taxes according to the relevant laws.
How to use ClassIn to Teach? (Video)
We use CLASSIN classroom platform to conduct our online course. This platform supports learning in an immersive environment by face to face, pre-editing, sharing content and multi-page scrolling with multiple users. With various teaching tools and supporting of multiple courseware formats, teacher can teach more effectively and students can learn more actively.
Submit Your Question
Join Sloan and Be a Teacher
We highly value and respect our teachers. If you are interested in our teaching positions, please submit your CV or resume. We’ll contact you when something is available.